Due to high demand for our tours all sales are final and we do not offer refunds, however, we understand that life can sometimes take an unexpected detour and we are happy to reschedule your tour date/time if given at least 48 hours’ notice. Tickets are non-transferable and can only be redeemed by the party named on the ticket. Any tickets still available at the time of the tour can be purchased online prior to tour departure via credit card on a first come, first served basis.
If you are late and not at the meeting point by the time of your tour, BK Adventure reserves the right to sell your seat, without refund, to other ready, willing, and able patrons. We recommend that you try to make it to the tour departure site at least 15 minutes before the tour.
Tours Depart Rain or Shine
For most tours, we can still depart safely in light rain. Actually manatees love the light rain, so they come out in abundance. Same with bioluminescence, it sparkles and glows with rain drops.
However, we are in the tropics, so occasionally heavy rain, or storms, or other unforeseen events forcing us to cancel or postpone the tour. In that case, we will do our best to contact you promptly using contact information provided during your ticket purchase.
We believe you can have a great time whether it rains or shines, so our trips still depart in light rain. Your guide will only cancel the tour when there are prolonged conditions that make departure unsafe. We understand that many have just one day/night available to do their tour, so when postponing for passing weather is possible, we will do our best to depart tours when it is safe to do so.
Please remember that an afternoon/evening thunder and lightning storm is absolutely normal every day of summer in Florida. They usually pass within 30-60 minutes. We will monitor the weather closely at the tour launch site, to see if that day’s regular storm is passing.
Florida is a sub-tropical climate, if tour companies cancelled every time it rained, there would be no tour companies left in business. Please consider this when booking, and consider similar tourism businesses like theme parks, airlines, etc. They sometimes have to wait for weather, but like everywhere, weather is beyond the control of the company and refunds are not given due to weather. We do our best to run our tours as promised, but there are times when we have to delay them. Here is what to expect if there is inclement weather when you arrive for your tour:
- We will wait 30 minutes past a lightning strike within 10 miles.
- Tours may be delayed past initial launch time. Please be prepared to wait.
- Many people have driven a long way, or have flights home, so we will wait for weather to clear and launch the tour when it is safe to do so.
- If there are spaces available guest may “rebook” on later tours the same day or evening.
- Guests that do not stay through the 1st 1-hour weather hold will not be eligible for a raincheck. This means, if your tour was scheduled to depart at 8:30, you must be willing to wait until at least 9:30 due to weather. Guests who leave before this will not be rebooked, or issued a raincheck.
- Guests that stay through the 1st 1-hour weather hold, but choose to not wait through a longer weather hold will be eligible for a raincheck, or rebooked next available tour.
In the rare event that a tour is canceled by BK Adventure, guests should email the office for raincheck or rebooking at [email protected]
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect information from you when you place an order or subscribe to our newsletter.
When ordering or registering on our site you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, phone number or credit card information.
WHAT DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION FOR?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience
(your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions
- Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails. The email address you provide for order processing, will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
DO WE DISCLOSE ANY INFORMATION TO OUTSIDE PARTIES?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
This policy was last modified on 3/22/20.
For assistance or for more information, call our office at (407) 519 – 8711 or fill out the form below.